Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Last Day in Angers (June 11)

I wanted to do no driving today.  I tidied up my photos, and then did a sort and prepack.  I threw out lots of bits of paper, including some with sentimental connections, like heaps of real estate magazines.  I humped another lot of souvenirs and memories to the post office and was released from ooh at least 5 kg worth of luggage.  I packed my bag neatly - folding and layering and putting things into zipped bags.  Normally I dump everything in and sit on the lid!  Kind of nesting, getting ready for Home.  I still had plenty of time for a stroll around town, and so stroll I did.  On the way to lunch, I spotted some nice street furniture...
and a modern hat tip to a time when France and England were under the one rule.
(I saw one of these near Azay-le-Rideau last week, so there must be a few about).   Near the museum, a beguiling sculpture
as well as age old architecture.
Lunch was a croque monsieur, with salmon, and wine of course (I wasn't driving).  And, something that made my heart sing - Ile flottante - one soft and frothy meringue in a delicious custard sea.
This ruin has had a modern roof put on and don't the old and new merry well?
If you look closely at the Adam house from the 16th century
you'll find many sculpted characters.
It's also a gift shop and I did the last of my present buying here.  I had a good look around the cathedral, and listened to the organ being tuned.  Those sounds are very piercing!  I do like the hardware you find on big church doors.
She was sitting in a square, and I stroked her back - beautifully smooth, yet textured.
I went to my usual pub for the internet, and got caught up in the France/England soccer game.  It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment