Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Saturday 10 June

There were 3 chateaux I wanted to see today.  I saw signs for one, but just couldn’t find the right exit, so I ended up at Segre, to find the second one on my list.  Some scenes from the town.
There’s been a bridge here for about 1,000 years, originally of wood, and in stone since the 11th century.
I finally found the Chateau de la Lorie – but this is all I could see of it.
It doesn’t open until July.  Two strikes.  The cows cheered me up a bit.
Chateau de Serrant (still privately owned) is the most westerly of the great Loire chateaux.
Don’t tell anybody, but I did a few naughty U-turns to get this picture through the front gates (the main entry for the public is elsewhere).
So that makes my quota 12 chateaux.  Five of them I entered, the rest I saw from the outside.  I’m happy.

The local pub is where I go for internet access, and I was warmly ensconced there for the afternoon, with a rose and a really nice lasagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment