Saturday, June 16, 2012

Transit (13 June)

I got to the airport early as usual (only slightly delayed by having to rush back to my room after checking out, to retrieve my nook).  My last "meal" on French soil.
I do like airports - the anticipation and the excitement of seeing all those enticing destinations inside the terminal, and the physical experience, once you're on the plane, that this is it, you are going to be flying.  I have flown a fair number of times, and I'm always in awe.  I love the slow build up of taxi-ing
 and the dip and lift that tells you, yes, you have left the ground behind.
And this, boys and girls, is it - the magic.  It's simply streams of air keeping us up there above the clouds.
 
I can't complain about the food, but on the drinks front, I had to stick with white wine, as they didn't have a Singapore Sling for me this time.  They did however bring around a nightcap of Baileys - how civilised!!

No comments:

Post a Comment