Monday, May 11, 2015

Cody WY to Buffalo WY, Friday 8 May 2015

I made my own waffles at breakfast - you dispense the batter, pour it into the electric waffle iron, close the top, rotate it, then open it when the timer dings. Another new skill to add to my cv!
Western style furniture in the breakfast room
Greybull wasn't far away, so that was my first stop. I wanted to check out the Big Horn Quilts store. I remember when online ordering was relatively new, this was one of the stores I purchased from. The sign is still there
as is the carved set out the front (for husbands?)
But the store was closed. The online business is apparently still going, but the bricks and mortar shop closed in September last year.
Tree gratings are always interesting.
I need to get my collection of pictures together and see if I can turn the patterns into 'something'.
My route from here was along a scenic byway. It was fabulous mountain driving, with amazing geology. There were plenty of pullouts so I could take pics.
Dinner was at the Bozeman Trail Steak House. I ordered the Bison Sirloin - so tick! I also had a peanut butter pie. This sign was quite fun.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad that Big Horn Quilts had shut the shop. 8-((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bison sirloin!!! And yes, a very funny sign.
    Fabbo tree grating. Manhole covers and gratings can be such a lovely surprise with their graphics and patterns. Very well worth photographing and perhaps potential for future work.
    Stunnin' scenery.

    ReplyDelete