Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Minneapolis MN, Thursday 14 May 2015

The Schoolhouse day is full on. First, I grabbed by Schoolhouse program showing multiple choices for each 30 or 15 minutes slot from 10 to 6. I spent a few minutes circling what I thought I'd enjoy, then I headed to the 8 am class I'd signed up for. What a disappointment! The presenter had spent no time researching the industry, but started on a meander through numerous anecdotes about what she'd observed in her  travels as a consultant. It was so superficial and basic that it was quite insulting. Oh well.

The opening session of Schoolhouse was fabulous. Karey Bresenhan was fun, interesting and filled the room with good energy. It's hard to believe she's been doing this for 35 years. The people from Like Sew gave the same presentation and had prepared some professional videos about the Cloud - too funny. Their business is to help shop owners with websites and point of sale software.
Then it was on to the classes. As you can tell I took few photos. I listened and enjoyed the information and the ideas.

At the end of the day it was time for a quick site down with a drink.
I got chatting to some lovely ladies, and I also observed the growing crowds for Sample Spree. These people are lining up more than 2 hours ahead of opening.
It's a locust swarm type of event, but well worth it I'm told. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment