Saturday, May 16, 2015

Minneapolis MN, Tuesday 12 May 2015

My mission today was to end up in Minneapolis.  All of a sudden, I was in Minnesota, with the sign to prove it (as seen from the Welcome Center car park)
They even speak Aussie!
As I drove along I spotted another item on my mental 'list' - a barn quilt!
Another must-do today was posting a box home. The post office lady was so lovely and helpful - now I'm lighter both in luggage and wallet. Next stop Minneapolis.

In the last 9 days I've not needed a gps or a map, but today I really should have had one. Gridlock didn't make it any easier. But I finally found the airport and dropped my car off. That was a sad moment. I loved my Altima! The return process was so incredibly easy - the barcodes on the car were swiped and the machine spat out a final receipt.

I'll be at the Hampton Inn and Suites for 6 nights. It's a new property (opened in April this year) and I'm in a room that has a kitchenette, sitting area, work space and huge dressing and bathroom area. I just wish the fad for towel folding would go away - it's kind of annoying to have to do reverse origami before you can use it. I know - first world problem.

3 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed your musings from the road. 8-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those places we've yet to visit - thanks for whetting my appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhhh.....I'm sad too to say goodbye to your car and your on-the-road-adventures. I know you'll keep us updated with your MN activities.
    "reverse origami" ... I hear your frustration.

    ReplyDelete