Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Paducah KY, Tuesday 19 May 2015

Another day, another plane flight. Today I was heading towards Paducah. I almost guffawed when I saw this in the airport at Chicago.
Arriving at the Barkley Airport that services Paducah is like stepping back in time. You walk down stairs onto the tarmac and walk into a small terminal building. There is no carousel, just a short-ish conveyor belt for the checked bags. I was expecting a few cabs or a bus, but there was nothing. So I ended up calling the local cab service which was a hoot. The driver turned up in a mini van, and had to move his kid’s backpack so I could sit down.

I thought I’d be able to easily walk around and see what I wanted to see, but the distances were much greater than I realized, and the locals were quite shocked when I mentioned that I wanted to walk. I decided it would be best to hire a car while I was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment