Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Portland, Friday 1 May 2015

I had 'Bunkhouse Vittles' for breakfast (verdict - superb)  at the Cadiallac Cafe a few blocks from the hotel. Check out the full menu, including their range of breakfast martinis!
http://cadillaccafepdx.com/breakfast

I loved the punny shop names on the stree - 'Furever Pets', 'Trade Roots' and 'Thai Pod' - and also loved the surprise of a bit of street art. This is 'In the Tree Tops' by Margarita Leon.
These little critters are super fast, so this is all I could capture. I know how annoying the locals find them, but I still they are gosh darned cute.
 It was a chockablock day at Conference. There was the opening speaker, two breakout sessions, an international artist panel and a general meeting (which I forgot about - oops). Before the evening Maker Space, my room mate and I had a delicious dinner at a Mexican place - and I could not resist a classic margarita - yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment