Saturday, May 9, 2015

Coeur d'Alene ID, Tuesday 5 May 2015

After leaving Spokane it didn’t take long before Washington state turned into Idaho. I got quite excited when I saw a sign that said ‘Stateline’. I envisaged a bit of hoopla, maybe a line drawn on the road, perhaps a photo vantage point. It turned out to be the name of a city. 

Coeur d’Alene was my first real stop. May I just say: if you can’t drum up the enthusiasm to greet people, and if you can’t answer even basic questions without looking put out, then perhaps you shouldn’t be working in a Welcome Centre/Visitor Information Centre.

I did however have an extremely friendly chat with a shopkeeper, and she put me on to Hudson’s (“Hamburgers since 1907”). The chef's t-shirt said it all:

In case you can’t read it –
No: lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, relish, milkshakes, sesame seed buns, bacon, cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, jalapenos, onion rings, mushrooms, avocadoes, straws, credit cards, debit cards, French fries…

In honour of the First Peoples of the area, there are two magnificent feather sculptures as you drive into town. 





1 comment:

  1. NO.....no people skills working at the tourist centre!!! The town of Stateline!!! The feathers!!! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete