Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Minneapolis MN, Saturday 16 May 2015

The Mall of America is very easy to get to from downtown Minneapolis: the light rail takes you right there. It was a short 3 block walk from the hotel, which gave me a chance to soak in more of the city. I liked this curvy staircase
and was also taken with this vintage car
Minneapolis is another bike-friendly city – bikes for hire are dotted around the city in the system called ‘Nice Ride’, and there’s room to take them on the light rail as well
The Mall is big, with shops around the perimeter and a fun park or two in the middle. I liked this fun area – you can sit in the ‘canoe’ and have your picture taken – a map of Minnesota is on the floor.
I loved the Lego store. There was a huge wall of colour coded bricks to choose from, pre-packaged sets, plus characters like this –
I was struck by the glittery cascades over the atrium.
In the Nordstrom CafĂ© I tried my first French Dip sandwich – very yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment