Friday, May 1, 2015

Portland, Oregon, Wednesday 29 April

This morning I found a few pods (groups) of Portland food trucks. There was a good variety of interesting food, but it was a bit too cool to stand around eating takeaway in the open.
I enjoyed the Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland's 'living room', a big open area. There was a fun sign nearby. I was pleased it showed Alice Springs -
and this was on the reverse - 
 This made me smile
as did this, when I passed it later on.
At Voodoo Doughnuts I bought one with maple glaze and bacon strips on top - it tasted pretty good!
The shop was funky and fun - 
I enjoyed a long trip on the light rail out to Beaverton, and popped into a Joann's I saw, which is very similar to Spotlight. Another goal for today was to have some local icecream.
Salt and Straw partners with a local primary school where the kids devise and name flavours. I couldn't resist trying the 'Gummy Wummy Surprise' along with the pear and blue cheese flavour. This part of the city has a lovely calm vibe, and I enjoyed soaking it all in.

Sweet potato tater tots with a chili flavoured cocktail rounded out the day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment