Saturday, April 28, 2012

Canal St Martin (April 26)

I realised from the map that this canal isn't too far from my place, so I started to walk.  I walked way too far - are you suprised? - but in the process saw some interesting sights.  A huge load of potatoes. ("Imagine all the pommes frites" I heard a mother tell her child).
Graffiti-ed trucks (I've seen quite a few since).
Colourful frugality (washed plastic bags drying on the railing).
Interesting street art - a few blocks apart (I wonder who's winning?).

The canal is a pleasure to walk beside.
This barge just came through one of the locks.  It had artificial grass covering the deck and looked like you could do putting practice on it - or perhaps it's set with chairs and tables in summer and you have that "sitting in the backyard" feel as you float past.
More street art.
This was at the Stalingrad/Jaures end - it's amazing.  If you look closely you'll see there's a train going through the centre of the animal.
Today's post brought to you by an abricot pistache tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment