Sunday, April 22, 2012

Changi Airport

I wheeled my luggage to the RMT station and headed to the airport.
I rarely take a lift but I should have this time - yikes!  I'm glad I made it to the top without mishap - I did NOT look down.
Changi is huge - an enormous hangar of a place.  But it's neat and clean and whoever is in charge knows what they are doing.  As a transit station for most travellers, there's little you can think of they haven't thought of first.  You can find services such as massages and showers, places to sleep (free), nice lounge chairs (free), TV lounges (free), play areas for the kids (free), a giant slide (I was v tempted!), foot and calf massage machines (wonderful - and free!), and more.  Harry's Bar was the perfect place to chill (I was early again).  The Dirty Harry cocktail went down a treat
and a solo singer/guitarist treated us to live music.  The koi fish pond is a wonderful touch.
Of course there's art.  An interactive sculpture (sensors detect onlookers and "Daisy" reacts accordingly)
a series of sculptures by Han Meilin
and a large mural called "Birds in Flight" by Baet Yeok Kuan
You can make art too - a rubbing station with stacks of paper and crayons has been set up for kids - do you think they'll move me on if I have a go?
Of course, this is all well and good, but we are here for one purpose and one purpose only - to get to somewhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment