Saturday, April 21, 2012

Singapore Part 5 (April 19)

In case you are wondering, despite having no map and a poor sense of direction I did find my way back to the hotel.  I hopped on a bus to go to the marina district, but bailed at the Raffles Hotel stop.  It's a place of legend and story, but became quite run down 30 years ago.  No longer.
 I couldn't go inside, but there was plenty to take in from the outside. An orderly colonnade
 neat vistas
 details
dreams of a quiet drink as the day draws in.
Nearby was CHIJMES - a building complex formerly a Catholic convent now housing restaurants and a chapel event venue.  Such gorgeous photo opportunities here -
You might be able to tell it's raining.  I decided this was a good time to visit the contemporary art gallery 8Q SAM.  As luck would have it, they were installing a new exhibition, so it was closed.  OK, then how about a vienna coffee at the Dome cafe near SAM?  Done!
I dried off, read, and saw (and heard) the most spectacular thunderstorm.

1 comment: