Saturday, April 21, 2012

Singapore - Part 1 (18 April)

My first full day - and a walk was in order.  The hotel is in Little India. 
It's so much cheaper to stay here than in downtown (S$160 a night as opposed to S$280 or so), but of course the area is not as clean and orderly - dare I say sanitised? But boy, did I feel White!!  It was unusual to see another caucasian, so I was as much an attraction as the area was to me.
Little India, and Kampong Glam close by, are perfect for walking.  You really notice so much that way, but I learned very quickly to keep an eye on where I was going - the footpaths are crazy - different levels, all over the place, and narrow. 
I'd read that there was a tiny bit of agriculture in Signapore - including a frog farm - so what did I see the first day?  About 2 streets from the hotel
My question is - why are the frogs so happy?  And look where their hands are...hmmm.  But you KNOW I'm going to have to try it - next visit.
Walking is not recommended for those slayed by the heat.  Even stone lions get thirsty in this weather
The wonderful wonderful old colonial buildings are everywhere, left to weather
 or painted bright, bright colours.
Suzanne - an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment