Monday, April 16, 2012

Packing It

Just over 24 hours to go and things are getting a bit, well, focused.  I am so organised that I printed off all the receipts and confirmations and have put them in chronological order in plastic sleeves, plus have saved the docs to my computer - should I save them to the nook as well?  I am so DISorganised that I have no record at all of where I'm supposed to be staying in Singapore - nothing, nada.  Thank god for google history - I now have to send an email and make sure the hotel I THINK is the right one IS the right one.  We had such a lovely exchange of emails at the time too - all gone into the trash bucket.

I've started packing for real - hardly takes up any space in the bag at all.  This travelling light seems to be working.  Of course, there's still 24+hours to go, so lots of things may well need to go in there yet.  Should I take my swimmers AND a towel?  Should I take the netbook cover (James laughed and challenged me to weigh it - I know it seems negligible, but it ALL ADDS UP).

The carryon bag I bought yesterday seems to be fitting the bill.  Should I put a shawl in for air con, or a blanket?  (More laughter from James - they have blankets on the plane Mum).  Yes, but I do not cope well with cold...

So my day will be filled with decisions likes this...

2 comments:

  1. My advice for what it's worth.
    Yes to swimmers. No to towel, unless you have a sports towel that crushes to nothing.
    A pashmina is the go for the aircraft cold. The airlines blanket and one of those will do, and you'll fit in with the parisians when you get there.
    Make sure you have warm socks to put on inflight. That's where the cool air often comes from... The floor.
    Net book cover? Does it camouflage or make it stand out? Theft is the real question.
    You sound ready togo. Good luck in singapore and bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the description of the apartment! Still not sure how you stroll with a bike - oh.. you walk along with it & look chic!!!!! Enjoy Singapore - go to markets (I'm sure you will) - some of the translations in to English are just great! Enjoy - enjoy - enjoy - looking forward to ALLL the stories.

    ReplyDelete