Thursday, April 26, 2012

Galeries Lafayette (April 24)

Emerging from my hours underground I found I'd made the right decision - it was still cold and wet, so I thought a stint indoors again would be good.  Galeries Lafayette is a huge department store, an institution, and is gobsmackingly gorgeous inside.
The high end brands waste no opportunity - you can see their logos from upstairs.
The Christian Dior counter was where I bought a new supply of Diorissimo.  The bottle I got for my 50th from Mum was bought in France, so I thought it would be nice to buy a replacement here.  Well, I don't quite know how it happened, but not long after buying the beautifully wrapped purchase, I was holding it no more.  I have no memory of putting it down anywhere, but I'm pretty good at losing things so I could have.  Or perhaps someone lifted it - either way the package was gone.  I spoke to a few people and went to lost property, but no luck.  It did get me down, but it could have been oh so much worse, ie losing a credit card or my passport.

Remember the metal R2D2 from the markets?  Well, here's his cousin out of Lego.

It intrigued me that right outside the doors of the store were a whole lot of vendor carts selling very similar items you could get inside, but at much cheaper prices.  Vive la concurrence.

1 comment:

  1. you are having lots of rain - it has gotten cool here - sun is lovely & warm but nights are a bit chilly at the moment. Liked you piece in SoTA12 - I have such talented friends.Am thoroughly enjoying your trip - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete