Monday, April 23, 2012

Settling In (April 20)

I wimped out and caught a cab from the airport to the apartment - and I'm glad I did, because I saw a sign for an antiques fair for the weekend, plus it reserved my energy for this -
yep - 100 narrow steps straight up.  Luckily there are landings.  But I did it!!
I'm very very happy here.  The living space is proportionately generous, the kitchen has everything you need, the shower is hot - all good.  I unpacked and did some shopping for lunch while I waited for the owner Nicholas to come by.  My first lunch here -
That's a Cotes du Rhone 2009 in case you're wondering - purchased on the strength of the label and it did not disappoint.  Neither did the view from the balcony.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! Guess you don't need to worry about exercise!

    ReplyDelete