Sunday, April 22, 2012

Paris Arrival (April 20)

Flight karma is being very good to me.  I had a window seat, and a spare seat next to me on the 12 hour flight.  I watched an old movie called Going in Style with George Burns and Art Carney.  Also saw The Descendants - what an amazing film - great acting and powerful script.  I half listened to Maurizio Pollini play Mozart, but his painful facial expressions turned me right off.  I watched almost all of A Dangerous Method, about Freud and Jung.  Very, very good.  I must see the ending one day.
We've landed! And it's Paris!
I was the only one who didn't realise that it would be cold!  The savvy locals had coats and all sorts of warm gear at the ready - I braved the six degree temperature in my light-weight Singapore clothing.  Well, not for long - I changed before catching the cab.
What caught my eye at the exit?  A bar set-up to sample the local wines.  Well patronised, even at 7am.  Welcome to Paris!

6 comments:

  1. I think you are quite brave doing this journey on your own. Sounds as though you are really enjoying the very different culinary delights. Am enjoying looking at the sights with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not brave - at least it doesn't feel like that...just something I had to do.

      Delete
  2. Loving the blog entries. Now get out there into the cold and live it in paris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paris has captured you - no posts for a couple of days - glad you made it safely & got up those six flights of stairs (I presume you made it to your apartment!)

    ReplyDelete