Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bastille (April 29)

I really didn't have a strong sense of where I was once I left the market - but I spotted this in the distance
and figured I couldn't go too wrong heading for it.  Look who/what I spotted...
The drizzle had turned to rain and I (almost) seriously contemplated a trip to London for the warm sunny weather.
Shoes
and lace made from feathers.
 The golden figure had led me to the Place de la Bastille with its modern opera house.
It was time to get out of the wet and warm up so I ordered a cafe creme.
I read for a while, but once the damp and cold sank into my bones it was time to head home.  I bought a pastry from a franchise called "bonne journee".  The chausson is basically an apple turnover with the filling being pureed instead of in chunks - at least that's how this one was.  'Chausson" by the way means slipper...

No comments:

Post a Comment