Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Monday May 14

I started the day with a fondant au chocolat
then negotiated buying stamps for postcards.  I was looking for a trace of the old gallows in the area, but couldn't find it.  I did find the facade of the Hotel du Nord which appeared in a 1938 film,
then made my way to the Parc des Buttes Chaumont.  It's a gorgeous park with huge grassy slopes you want to roll down
 a waterfall
 and a gazebo
 that you approach across a suspension bridge.
Looking down into the water, I saw the fish playing "follow the leader".
Next I wanted to revisit the Gare du Nord. 
Just like airports, railway stations have a romance about them.  Lunch was steak, frites and bearnaise sauce.  Oh yes, and some wine...
The menu was in a wooden frame
 Just like a local I had a short black to finish up.

1 comment:

  1. That's black coffee - just took Vic on the walk too - we are on the front verandah, having an evening drink before tea, watching a possum walk along the wires - are you homesick????

    ReplyDelete