Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Friday 18 May 2012

First job  - get my stuff posted.  You have to lose your inhibitions when travelling - I packed and repacked the boxes in a corner of the post office, with people coming and going.  It was literally a wieght off my shoulders, so a very positive start to the day.  Next, I retraced my steps to the Pere Lachaise cemetery.  This caught my eye on the way - can't you just see me tooling around town on this?
I also passed a place that repairs mosaic work - this was on the outside of the building.
I've never seen a dolmen in a cemetery before.
This is what I came to see - the grave of Victor Moir, a journalist killed in a duel.  The effigy is apparently life size in every way.
The grave was fenced off at one stage because of "lewd acts" - committed by women thinking that being physical with poor dead Victor would help them get preganant...I found a slice of far breton at a fresh food market - a clafoutis stype of custard with prunes at the bottom.
How true!
Tumbleweed is a gorgeous little shop not far from the place des Vosges.  It's full of puzzles, games and other things for young and old.  The owner is originally fromt eh US, so we chatted quite happily.  She is so welcoming and fun.  She ran around the shop showing me all sorts of fun things that she stocks - I got some presents for others and one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment