Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cross Stitch

I started one of the pieces out of the book I bought the other day.
I'm so happy with how it's working out - then I read that instead of going over 2 threads, the patterns are miniatures designed to go over one - umm - I think I'll stay with what I'm doing.  The thimble in the picture I bought at an antique fair in France 4 years ago - it's having a little trip home.  The scissors are the Eiffel Tower pair I was given as a going away present in Australia.  Now - this is spooky - only AFTER taking that photo (and obviously after buying the book) did I turn to the last page to see this
The self-same design of scissors!  Of course, my pair are nicer as they're in gold....

1 comment:

  1. That's interesting re the scissors- is the book very old?

    ReplyDelete