Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Eiffel Tower (April 29)

The days are long here, so with plenty of light still left I was in no hurry to head home.  The lack of rain really made it feel like Spring.
 Look what I spotted in the distance - may as well go and have a look...
I kept to the general direction and wandered along a number of back streets.  This cake shop seemed to make only one kind of cake
 but you could see them being assembled in the window around the corner.
 
Gorgeous architecture everywhere.

Ah - there you are -
along with hundreds and hundreds of people and souvenir shops - I'd hit tourist central.  I got my first glace
and sat and read near the looong line waiting to climb the tower, being entertained and trying to guess the languages.

1 comment:

  1. Yum squared - even for the non-Dairy Queen in me I could be tempted by that double cone. Great to get your news.

    ReplyDelete