Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tuesday May 15

The day looked OK before I got outside but whoa! the icy stinging rain was not pleasant at all.  When the locals are wearing ugg boots, beanies and gloves, you know it's not just your Queensland blood that's freezing.  I saw the entry point for the Assemblee Nationale - the lower house of the parliament. 
A nearby statue had the all seeing eye symbol.
Here's where I was headed - Les Invalides.
There's a lot of military information and history here and Napoleon's tomb, but I wasn't interested enough to pay to go inside.  Moats surround the area.
My pastry for the day - a mille feuille - even BETTER than it looks!
A beautifully laid lunch table.
 I do like a good pun.
For the 1900 Expo a full Swiss village was built in the area and the name stuck.  It's now home to antique dealers.
 
The Military School seen through the memorial to peace in the Champs de Mars.

No comments:

Post a Comment