Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Belleville (May 11)

Belleville is down the road from where I am.  The area is working class; ie the rents and so on are cheaper.  This has led to a lot of ethnic diversity and has attracted many artists.  I went there this afternoon to see if  I could find out some information about this weekend's event - Portes Ouvertes des Ateliers d'Artistes de Belleville.  Between 2pm and 9pm every day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday) local artists' studios will be open to the public.  The program lists 144 - 144! - sites that can be visited - for free.  This is in a very walkable area of a couple of suburbs/quartiers.  This will be the 23rd year for this event.  Once I got my program and found out more about what was happening, I wandered the area, and of course there's heaps of art just minding its own business in public every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment